IN SROMOWCE NIŻNE
After the damages during the floods that hit the town in 1534-1608, the church was rebuilt in the 17th century. A tower was built then – in a pole construction, covered with a spire-shaped cupola. T temple was afterwards expanded several times, e.g. the chancel got enlarged, the sacristy and storerooms were added from the North, and the entrance to the tower was decorated with a porch.
In its current state, after changes made after the last war, the church is an oriented (laid out on the East-West axis) single-nave building with a chancel closed on three sides. In the West, the tower, preceded by a porch, connects to the nave, and an annex divided into three parts adjoins the entire northern wall of the church. One of them is used as a the sacristy, the other serves as a storeroom, while the third (the middle one opened inside) increases the space of the temple. The walls of the tower and church are boarded.
Currently, the St. Catherin’s church is not used for worship. Until 1988 it served as a parish church. Then this role was taken over by the newly built church. A significant part of the equipment of the historic temple was also moved there – above all, a valuable Gothic triptych from the end of the 14th century with a copy of the sculpture of the Virgin Mary with the Child, two wings of the triptych from the 15th century and a Gothic wooden baptismal font from the 16th century. In the church of St. Catherine among the valuables that remained are the paintings of St. Anthony Paderewski and St. Catherine of Alexandria as well as the pulpit.