CHOTELEK - Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa
In 1527 when the old church was destroyed, the canon of Sacz Stanisław Słupski founded a new temple. Consecrated in 1541, the temple was built on a rectangular plan measuring 12×7 meters, without a separate sacristy or presbytery, with a three-sided apse marked from the East.3D WalkHistory
In 1527 when the old church was destroyed, the canon of Sacz Stanisław Słupski founded a new temple. Consecrated in 1541, the temple was built on a rectangular plan measuring 12×7 meters, without a separate sacristy or presbytery, with a three-sided apse marked from the East. The gable roof with supporting structure made of larch wood, with a gable on the western side, is covered with shingles. The central part of the ridge houses an openwork copper-covered turret with a little bell. Particularly noteworthy is the beam ceiling with a preserved Renaissance polychrome from the 16th century, depicting light boxes with rosettes. The altar from the second half of the 17th century housed a Baroque picture of St. Stanislaus, the Bishop, patron of the temple, but it was moved to another church. On the altar latch you can see a painting of the Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary, Saint John and the kneeling founder of the church, in religious attire, with Siekierz coat of arms and the date 1624 Moreover, among precious elements in the church there are: late-Gothic wooden crucifix from the beginning of the 16th century, a Gothic stone stoup from the 16th century and a late-Renaissance wooden pulpit from the first half of the 17th century. The only testimony to the existence of the cemetery next to the church is the tombstone of Anna Gniewoszowa from 1630, currently incorporated in the porch. The most valuable element of the temple’s equipment is a wooden late-Gothic triptych with the painting “Holy Talk”, with a preserved side wing with paintings of the Resurrection and Ascension (obverse) and Crucifixion and Mourning (reverse), made by craftsmen from Lesser Poland at the beginning of the 16th century. Since 1994, it has been stored in the Busko spa chapel. The church in Chotelek is the only example of wooden building from the 16th century in the region of Kielce.
Sources: zabytek.pl/pl/obiekty/chotelek-kosciol-fil-pw-sw-stanislawa-biskupa www.polskaniezwykla.pl/web/place/2416,chotelek-zielony-kosciol-sw–stanislawa-biskupa.html