ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

ŁYSE - Church of St. Anne This single-nave, wooden structure was designed using the Latin cross plan. The arms of the cross create chapels with a semi-hexagonal termination. The church is oriented and its facade is decorated with turrets, which are square at the base...
KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

KRAMARZEWO - Filial Church of St. Barbara The church was built in 1739 and, before it became the gem of Kramarzewo, for over three centuries it had been hosting the faithful from Radziłów located 7 kilometers south of Kramarzewo. The structure of the building is made...
PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE - Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert The name of the village reflects the occupation of local people. Craftsmen who settled down here were connected with iron mining and processing: miners, metallurgists and smiths. The closest parish was...
LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

LACHOWICE - Church of SS. Peter and Paul The current location of the church is conducive to religious and existential contemplation. It is located on a hill above the village. It is surrounded by a cemetery and old trees, and the whole area is enclosed by a wooden...
LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

LUTCZA - Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven The village of Lutcza appears in historical records already in the 14th century as Lustscha, its former name. It is mentioned by a document published in Skoki, on the 5th of October 1390, signed by King Władysław...
KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

KRZECZÓW - Church of St. Adalbert Today, the church in Krzeczów still delights with its light wooden log structure and its shingle roof. The 18th century polychromies that decorate its interior have been preserved until today. The central point of this sacred place of...
BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BEREST - Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian Its history begins in 1842, when it was built for the Greek Catholic community of the Lemkos. After 1941, the Catholic community took care of it. The church’s treasures tell the history going many centuries back. 3D...
ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

ŁOPUSZNA - Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot The church, which we strongly encourage you to visit, is probably the second structure in this place. In 1504, it was consecrated by Jan Konarski, the bishop of Cracow and it received the name of the Holy...
JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

JURGÓW - Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary One of the local legends says that it was founded by a robber Jurko, who became its mayor. The name of the settlement was to have originated, of course, from his name and together with him twelve members...
SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

SZEBNIE - Church of St. Martin The charming church that we are presenting here was erected in 1605, however, this is not the first church in this parish. The history of evangelisation started in this place three centuries earlier. The first Christian church in Szebnie...
GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

GOGOŁÓW - Church of St. Catherine The wooden structure was erected on the foundation made of stone, lined with shingles and reinforced with vertical beams (lisice). In accordance with the tradition of oriented churches, the presbytery points south. The quadrilateral...
BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

BARCICE - Church of St. Stanislaus After World War II, the parish was transferred to nearby Somianka and the wooden church in Barcice became the filial church. Regardless of its administrative function, it is a beautiful monument that the conservators are looking...
SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

SIENIAWA - Church of St. Anthony The church of St. Anthony in Sieniawa is made of fir wood and it has a log structure. The ridge turret on the hip roof holds a bell from 1947. The previous one was stolen during World War II. 3D WalkHistory " CHURCH IN SIENIAWA...
CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CMOLAS - Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus This small, charming and in its own way captivating church is located on a hill, surrounded by a lot of greenery, thus not only its interior but also a walk in the neighbourhood are conducive to religious...
ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

ROPICA GÓRNA - Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel Even though the church is located by the roadside, it is easy to miss it as a ring of thick trees surround it. Therefore, it is worth to be vigilant when visiting Ropica Górna as the church is an important...
TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

TRZCINICA - Church of St. Dorothy The Church of St. Dorothy was built in 1551. Its wooden structure still captivates visitors. For this reason, the site became one of the attractions of the Wooden Architecture Route in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship. The church was...
GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

GŁADYSZÓW - Orthodox Church of the Ascension It is a must on the Route of Wooden Architecture. The structure of the building differs from other Orthodox churches. It was designed on the Greek-cross plan, a very popular solution on the territory of today’s Ukraine. 3D...
BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BANICA - Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian Until 1947 and the Operation Vistula, Banica was a village of the Lemkos. After World War II, some of them moved to Ukraine and others were displaced. Right now, the local population is mainly composed of descendants...
MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA - Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian The current wooden church witnessed bloody clashes between Austrian and Russian troops in 1915. Unfortunately, the building was also severely damaged as a result of the battle. Thanks to the involvement of the...
BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

BONARÓWKA - Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady The presbytery of the Orthodox church in Bonarówka was decorated by a Ukrainian artist – Paweł Zaporowski. Today, the Orthodox church is a branch church of the Roman Catholic parish in Żyznów. A charming,...
ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ORAWKA - Church of St. John the Baptist This church dates back to the 17th century. In 1728 a presbytery was added. In the same century, the work on magnificent polychromy started. It depicts not only scenes from the life of John the Baptist, images of the Decalogue,...
WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

WARSAW, WESOŁA - Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish The town has been established in the 14th century, and it’s one of the oldest settlements in the area of Warsaw. In the 19th century Tsarist authorities located there people during the war. The first wooden church bunt...
CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

CHOTELEK - Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa In 1527 when the old church was destroyed, the canon of Sacz Stanisław Słupski founded a new temple. Consecrated in 1541, the temple was built on a rectangular plan measuring 12×7 meters, without a separate sacristy...
ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

ULUCZ - Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord The wooden Orthodox church of Ascension of the Lord in Ulucz has an interesting, but not entirely discovered history. It is considered to be one of the oldest original wooden temples of the Eastern Church. 3D...
SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

SROMOWCE NIŻNE - Church of St. Catherine The first mention of the church in Sromowce Niżne refers to the year 1350. The original temple has not survived, but some Gothic works of art have. 3D WalkHistory " Church IN SROMOWCE NIŻNE The first mention of the church...
PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

PTASZKOWA - All Saints' Church All Saints’ Church in Ptaszkowa was established in 1555. It is a wooden building with a post-frame tower. The church consists of a presbytery closed on three sides with a sacristy from the north, two side chapels, a nave and a...
TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

TYMOWA - Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop The first mention of the village of Tymowa appears in Jan Długosz’s Cronicles in 1215. The first church was probably consecrated here first in 1277, but it burned down during the Swedish invasion in the 17th century. Spacer...
NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church The historic cemetery St Helen’s church in Nowy Sącz was built in the second half the 17th century. It was founded by Helena Marchocka, Superior of the Poor Clares Convent in Stary Sącz. A wooden temple erected exactly in 1686 in the...
ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

ŁUKOWICA - Church of St. Andrew the Apostle The first written mention of the parish in Łukowica comes from 1325. The foundation of Hieronim Sędzimir contributed to the extension of the wooden, historic church of St. Andrew the Apostle on the site of an earlier Gothic...
Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord The church in Białogon was created as a result of the efforts of the local community. In 1916 on the initiative of the owner of the Bialogon Metalworks, Ing. Leon Skibiński, a committee was established for...
LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

LIPNICA MUROWANA - Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO) Wooden gothic church St. Leonard in Lipnica Murowana is one of the most valuable monuments of sacred architecture in Poland. 3D WALKHISTORY " CHURCH IN LIPNICY MUROWANEJ Drewniany gotycki kościół pw. Św. Leonarda w...
KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

KWIATOŃ - Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva Former Greek Catholic church of St. Paraskieva in Kwiatoń – currently functioning as a Roman Catholic auxiliary church of the parish in Uście Gorlickie – is a classic example of the Lemko church architecture. 3D...
Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Rożnowice - the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle The village, originally called Rozembark, in 1291 as the result of exchange became the property of the Bishop of Cracow. The parish was founded probably in the second half of the 14th century. 3D WALKHISTORY "...
Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

BRUNARY - Orthodox church of st. Archangel Michael The former Greek Catholic church of st. Archangel Michael in Brunary. The first Orthodox church in this place was built after 1616, when a Uniate parish was established in the village. The new temple was founded in...
PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

PRZYDONICA - the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary The parish in Przydonica was founded around 1358 thanks to the support of the Gerałt and Gryfit families. At the end of the 16th century the priests from Podole took over the administration of the parish. In 1925 the...
IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

IWKOWA - Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary A wooden cemetery church of Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Iwkowa is one of the oldest churches in southern Poland. The exact date of its construction is unknown, but it is estimated to be built in the second...
Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

RAJBROT - Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary The name of the village derives probably from its first settlers, Tartar prisoners, who were settled here after one of their expeditions to the lands of Malopolska (1259/60). 3D WALKHISTORY " CHURCH IN...
Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

WIERCHOMLA WIELKA - Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael The church in Wierchomla Wielka is a former Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael. It was built by the Lemkos in 1821 and rebuilt in 1906. 3D WALKHISTORY " ORTHODOX CHURCH IN WIERCHOMLA WIELKA...
Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

SŁAWĘCIN – the Church of St. Catherine The parish in Sławęcin was founded in 1326. The location of the village of Sławęcin under German law takes place during the reign of Polish king Casimir III the Great. 3D WALKHISTORY " CHURCH IN SŁAWĘCIN The parish in...
Grywałd – Church of St. Martin the Bishop

Grywałd – Church of St. Martin the Bishop

GRYWAŁD - Church of St. Martin the Bishop The Gothic, wooden parish church of St. Martin the Bishop of Tours was erected in place of a former church in the second half of the fifteenth century. Legend has it that even further back in time a pagan stave temple was...
Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie

Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie

DĘBNO - Church of St. Archangel Michael Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie is a perfect example of wooden Gothic architecture. 3D WALKHISTORY " CHURCH IN DĘBNO Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie is a perfect example of wooden...
Gosprzydowa – the Church of St. Ursula and her companions

Gosprzydowa – the Church of St. Ursula and her companions

GOSPRZYDOWA - the Church of St. Ursula and her companions The first mention of the parish appears in “Monumenta Poloniae Vaticana” (Acta Camerae Apostolicae) in 1325. The present church was built in 1697 thanks to the Wielogłowski family foundation. 3D...
SĘKOWA – St. Philip and St. Jacob’s Church

SĘKOWA – St. Philip and St. Jacob’s Church

SĘKOWA - St. Philip and St. Jacob’s Church The wooden Church of St. Philip and Jacob is located on the border of the villages of Sękowa and Siary, in a small bend of the Sękówka river. In 2003, it was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. 3D WALKHISTORY "...
MNICHÓW-The Church of St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr

MNICHÓW-The Church of St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr

MNICHÓW - The Church of St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr The date of construction of the church is unknown. Most often it is assumed that the church was built in 1765-1770. The founder of the church is considered to be priest Maciej Łubieński (later Archdeacon of Kraków...
PROBOŁOWICE St. James’s church

PROBOŁOWICE St. James’s church

PROBOŁOWICE – St. James's church The St. James’s wooden church located in the village of Probołowice was erected in 1759 by the parish priest of that time, Reverend Jacek Kowalski. 3D WalkHistory " Church IN PROBOŁOWICE The St. James’s wooden church...
Accessibility
Facebook3k
YouTube220