BOGUSZYCE - Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
The church has a characteristic wattle and daub structure. It consists in building a strong, wooden support frame and filling it in with setting mortar. The mortar was usually composed of clay mixed with chaff, sawdust or chips or plastered over plaiting made of grey willow twigs or reeds. The filling was most of the times plastered white and the wood was preserved with dark tar. Thanks to this, the structure of the Boguszyce church can recall buildings characteristic for Western Europe, especially in the Alpine regions.
The style of the church is defined as Baroque. It is a hall, octagonal, oriented church, with a high foundation. What is interesting is that it has no separate presbytery. On the western side, a tower was added. Its upper part is made of wood and it has a clock dating from 1899.
When visiting the church inside, pay attention to its rich furnishings from the 19th and the 20th centuries. The Neo-Baroque altar and the pulpit have remained till the present day. However, in many places you will find much older Baroque decorations from 1714.