ŁUKOWICA - Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

The first written mention of the parish in Łukowica comes from 1325. The foundation of Hieronim Sędzimir contributed to the extension of the wooden, historic church of St. Andrew the Apostle on the site of an earlier Gothic temple in the years 1693-1697.
Spacer 3DHistoria
Church

IN ŁUKOWICA

The first written mention of the parish in Łukowica comes from 1325. The foundation of Hieronim Sędzimir contributed to the extension of the wooden, historic church of St. Andrew the Apostle on the site of an earlier Gothic temple in the years 1693-1697. The use of elements of the earlier temple testify, among others recently uncovered during conservation works, fragments of late Gothic polychrome, dating back to the 16th century, hidden under layers of later paintings.

The church was erected in a log construction, except for a tower with a pole structure added later. The tower was covered with a Baroque helmet. The outer walls are covered with vertical boards. The temple is oriented, tripartite – with a wider nave and narrower multilateral chancel. On both sides of the chancel there are symmetrical extensions with an interesting octagonal shape. There is a sacristy in one of them, and a chapel in the other one.

In 1720 the church was consecrated. The church has since been renovated several times. The present appearance came after the reconstruction in the 1870s. Inside the temple there is the main altar from the end of the 17th century with the image of St. Andrew and the figure of the Virgin Mary. On the sides, in the nave, there are two late Baroque side altars: the left is dedicated to St. Teresa of Baby Jesus and the right one is devoted to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The altar in the chapel is decorated with a picture of St. Archangel Michael from the 18th century. A special attention should be given to the ceiling decorated with polychrome from the 19th century and a Baroque stone baptismal font in the nave from 1693. In the past there was a beautiful sculpture of the Mother of God with the Child from the 14th century but it was robbed during the Second World War..

Currently the parish church of Łukowica is the temple of Our Lady of Help to the Faithful consecrated and put into use in 1995. The wooden Baroque church of St. Andrew acts as an auxiliary church now.

Sources:

www.drewniana.malopolska.pl/?page=obiekty&id=111&word=%A3ukowica
zabytek.pl/pl/obiekty/lukowica-kosciol-pw-sw-andrzeja-apostola
tarnowskiekoscioly.net/index.php/koscioly/263-lukowica-kosciol-sw-andrzeja
limanowa.in/index.php/aktualnosci/zabytkowy-kosciol-starszy-niz-zakladano/44597
polskaniezwykla.pl/web/place/50854,lukowica-kosciol-sw–andrzeja-apostola-(1697-r-).html

ŁUKOWICA - Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

COFUNDED BY THE MINISTER OF CULTURE AND NATIONAL HERITAGE
ORIGINATING FROM CULTURE PROMOTION FUND

Odwiedź pozostałe obiekty

ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CIBORY-KOŁACZKI – Filial Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

CIBORY-KOŁACZKI – Filial Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

CIECHOCINEK – Collegiate Church of SS. Peter and Paul the Apostles

CIECHOCINEK – Collegiate Church of SS. Peter and Paul the Apostles

ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KORSZE – The Roman-Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

KORSZE – The Roman-Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

CZERNIKI – Church of  St. John the Evangelist

CZERNIKI – Church of St. John the Evangelist

KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

Imielno – Church of St. Nicholas and the Most Blessed Virgin Mary

Imielno – Church of St. Nicholas and the Most Blessed Virgin Mary

PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

Grywałd – Church of St. Martin the Bishop

Grywałd – Church of St. Martin the Bishop

Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie

Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie

DUBNE Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

DUBNE Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

Powroźnik – Orthodox church St. James the Younger Apostle (UNESCO)

Powroźnik – Orthodox church St. James the Younger Apostle (UNESCO)

Gosprzydowa – the Church of St. Ursula and her companions

Gosprzydowa – the Church of St. Ursula and her companions

Odporyszów – Shrine of Our Lady of Victory

Odporyszów – Shrine of Our Lady of Victory

TROPIE – Sanctuary of the Hermits St. Świerad and St. Benedict

TROPIE – Sanctuary of the Hermits St. Świerad and St. Benedict

SĘKOWA – St. Philip and St. Jacob’s Church

SĘKOWA – St. Philip and St. Jacob’s Church

WIŚLICA – Bazylika kolegiacka pw. Narodzenia Najświętszej Marii Panny

WIŚLICA – Bazylika kolegiacka pw. Narodzenia Najświętszej Marii Panny

MNICHÓW-The Church of St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr

MNICHÓW-The Church of St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr

PROBOŁOWICE St. James’s church

PROBOŁOWICE St. James’s church

Accessibility
Facebook3k
YouTube220