OWCZARY – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady (UNESCO)

OWCZARY – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady (UNESCO)

OWCZARY - Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady (UNESCO) With a population of 900 before the war, Rychwałd was one of the biggest centres of the Lemkos in the region. After the Vistula Operation, the church was taken over by the Catholics and became a branch...
BALDWINOWICE  – Church of the Holy Trinity

BALDWINOWICE – Church of the Holy Trinity

BALDWINOWICE - Church of the Holy Trinity Inside, we can admire polychromies executed in 1907 by Alfred Schneider. Also, one painting from the 18th century has been preserved. It is also worth paying attention to the 18th century organ, which came from the village of...
OSTROŻANY – Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

OSTROŻANY – Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

OSTROŻANY - Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary The current church in Ostrożany was built in the years 1756-8. It was the third sacred place of worship, most likely due to the fact that its predecessor was built of inappropriate materials and therefore...
BODAKI – Orthodox Church of St. Demetrius

BODAKI – Orthodox Church of St. Demetrius

BODAKI - Orthodox Church of St. Demetrius The history of Bodaki started in the 18th century. The village is mentioned in the documents concerning villages that were forming part of the Biecz District. The name comes from one of the families who lived on this land –...
CZYRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Paraskeva

CZYRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Paraskeva

CZYRNA - Orthodox Church of St. Paraskeva The patron of the parish came from Bulgaria and lived in the 11th century. Her name, which can be translated into Polish as “Friday”, was to invoke the Passion of Christ. Her brother chose to be a clergyman and later became a...
KRASOWICE – Church of Our Lady of Częstochowa

KRASOWICE – Church of Our Lady of Częstochowa

KRASOWICE - Church of Our Lady of Częstochowa The church is oriented, that is, built on the east-west axis. It stands out from far away, due to its wattle and daub construction: wooden frame preserved with black finish and the filling plastered white. The gable roof...
MICHALICE – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MICHALICE – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MICHALICE - Church of St. Michael the Archangel In the church, there are some equally interesting paintings on the walls. You will see twelve scenes, although not all of them have been preserved in good condition. Painted decorations can be also find on the entrance...
WIERZBICA DOLNA – Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

WIERZBICA DOLNA – Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

WIERZBICA DOLNA - Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross The wooden church was built on the east-west axis, therefore we can say that it is oriented. Its log structure is placed on foundations made of stone and the tower has the post-frame structure. The porch,...
BOGUSZYCE – Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

BOGUSZYCE – Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

BOGUSZYCE - Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help The style of the church is defined as Baroque. It is a hall, octagonal, oriented church, with a high foundation. What is interesting is that it has no separate presbytery. On the western side, a tower was added. Its...
BIEŹDZIEDZA – Church of the Holy Trinity

BIEŹDZIEDZA – Church of the Holy Trinity

BIEŹDZIEDZA - Church of the Holy Trinity In 1879, yet another dramatic event occurred and the fire destroyed the church in Bieździedza for the third time. This time it happened during the renovation of the wooden ridge turret. The fire burned down the altars,...
WOSKOWICE GÓRNE  – Church of St. Hedwig of Silesia

WOSKOWICE GÓRNE – Church of St. Hedwig of Silesia

WOSKOWICE GÓRNE - Church of St. Hedwig of Silesia The church of St. Hedwig of Silesia was built with red brick in the years 1896-97. The style of the structure is defined as Neo-Gothic as it taps into medieval, Gothic patterns and adds contemporary elements to them....
BINAROWA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel (UNESCO)

BINAROWA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel (UNESCO)

BINAROWA - Church of St. Michael the Archangel (UNESCO) The Church of St. Michael the Archangel is filled with art from the Baroque period. This sacred place of worship was used not only for the purpose of spiritual contemplation or religious rituals, but its role was...
DOBRZYKÓW – Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

DOBRZYKÓW – Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

DOBRZYKÓW - Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary According to the study by Dr Bogumiła Zalewska – Opasińska, it began most likely in the second half of the 14th century. Historical records mention a local parish priest and his activity in 1453. The first...
KOMAŃCZA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

KOMAŃCZA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

KOMAŃCZA - Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady The wooden Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady in Komańcza was built in the years 1800-1803. What is interesting, it was built in the place of the previous church which was also destroyed by fire. In...
RZEPEDŹ – St Nicholas the Wonderworker Orthodox Church

RZEPEDŹ – St Nicholas the Wonderworker Orthodox Church

RZEPEDŹ - St Nicholas the Wonderworker Orthodox Church The church is an example of the Lemkos style in Orthodox church building. The wooden structure is placed on a foundation made of stone and is composed of three main parts: a sanctuary, a nave and a women’s...
CHOCISZEWO – St Leonard Church

CHOCISZEWO – St Leonard Church

CHOCISZEWO - St Leonard Church The church is oriented, has a log structure and has one nave. On the two sides of the nave there are elevated galleries. In the front, the building is decorated with a tower having a quadrilateral tented roof and a cross. A side porch...
RĘBOWO – St John the Baptist Church

RĘBOWO – St John the Baptist Church

RĘBOWO - St John the Baptist Church The church in Rębowo was built in the 16th century. According to historians, it must have been built in the place of another building which must have been destroyed. Even though the church operated for many years, it was not a...
BLICHOWO – St Anne Church

BLICHOWO – St Anne Church

BLICHOWO - St Anne Church Historically speaking, the church has three “parents”. It was built thanks to the funds of Andrzej and Marianna Zaborowski, but at the initiative of Father Wawrzyniec Żywicki. The construction lasted 3 years and was finalised in the first...
ZAKRZEWO KOŚCIELNE – St Peter and St Paul the Apostles Church

ZAKRZEWO KOŚCIELNE – St Peter and St Paul the Apostles Church

ZAKRZEWO KOŚCIELNE - St Peter and St Paul the Apostles Church According to the oldest records available to historians, the town of Zakrzewo boasted a church already in the 14th century. However, the research shows that the history of the worship could have started...
TROSZYN POLSKI – St Leonard Church

TROSZYN POLSKI – St Leonard Church

TROSZYN POLSKI - St Leonard Church This is one of the smallest wooden churches in the Mazovia Region. This oriented church has a rectangular plan and a log structure. This means that walls made of wooden logs interlock at the corners. 3D WALKHistory " CHURCH IN...
SŁUPNO – St Martin Church

SŁUPNO – St Martin Church

SŁUPNO - St Martin Church The wooden church has a log structure and is traditionally oriented. Elements of the body were placed in accordance with traditional art: the nave is enclosed with a smaller presbytery, a sacristy on the side and a porch in the front. On the...
NARUSZEWO – The Holy Trinity Church

NARUSZEWO – The Holy Trinity Church

NARUSZEWO - The Holy Trinity Church Historical records show that a full-fledged parish has been operating here since the 12th or the 13th century. The documents written at the end of the 16th century, which were found in the library of the seminary in Płock, show that...
GRODZIEC – St Bartholomew Church

GRODZIEC – St Bartholomew Church

GRODZIEC - St Bartholomew Church The current wooden church in Grodziec was built in 1854. It replaced the chapel which was destroyed by fire. The church, which is located on a hill, attracts travellers at first sight. 3D WALKHistory " CHURCH IN GRODZIEC A trip to...
CIEMNIEWKO – St Nicholas Church

CIEMNIEWKO – St Nicholas Church

CIEMNIEWKO - St Nicholas Church The oldest historical records mention the name of Czerbniewo, which was used back then in reference to Ciemniewko, already in 1378. The documents proving the foundation of the parish by the bishop of Płock have been preserved. 3D...
PILICHOWO – St Mary Magdalene Church

PILICHOWO – St Mary Magdalene Church

PILICHOWO - St Mary Magdalene Church One of the mysteries and curiosities of the interiors is the neo-Gothic organ, the construction of which was never finished. The instrument was installed in the church around 1900 but it has only three stops, the remaining ones...
ŻUKOWO – St Sigismund Church

ŻUKOWO – St Sigismund Church

ŻUKOWO - St Sigismund Church According to the expertise of archaeologists working in this place, the parish could have existed already in the 12th century. Researchers found traces of burials with pagan urns containing ashes and skeletons buried in coffins, the latter...
CHROSTKOWO – St Barbara Church

CHROSTKOWO – St Barbara Church

CHROSTKOWO - St Barbara Church The wooden log structure church has a presbytery with a three-sided closure, a treasure room and a sacristy on the sides. The nave has a porch in the front and on the sides. The roof is topped with a ridge turret having a characteristic...
PARCEWO – St Demetrius Orthodox Church

PARCEWO – St Demetrius Orthodox Church

PARCEWO – St Demetrius Orthodox Church The blue church is located near the road and stands out against the background of other buildings in this small town. Just like in the case of other Orthodox churches, blue is used on purpose in order to bring churches...
AUGUSTOWO – St John the Evangelist Orthodox Church

AUGUSTOWO – St John the Evangelist Orthodox Church

AUGUSTOWO - St John the Evangelist Orthodox Church The lovely parish Orthodox church in Augustów near Bielsk Podlaski is dedicated to him. The church was built for 6 years in the seventh decade of the 19th century. It was consecrated in 1878 and the materials for its...
TRZEŚCIANKA – St Michael the Archangel Orthodox Church

TRZEŚCIANKA – St Michael the Archangel Orthodox Church

TRZEŚCIANKA - St Michael the Archangel Orthodox Church This Orthodox church was built of wood and has a log structure i.e. horizontally placed wooden beams. The church is divided into three parts, it has one nave, a vestibule and a closed sanctuary. Two towers are...
PUCHŁY – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

PUCHŁY – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

PUCHŁY - Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady This Orthodox church has a special place on the map of sacred places in the region due to the important role it plays in Marian devotions. This is where we can find the icon of Our Lady Protectress. Her feast,...
NAREW – Orthodox Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

NAREW – Orthodox Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

NAREW - Orthodox Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross The presence of an important Orthodox church in this place only confirms this status. The village maintained town privileges during four centuries. They were granted by the King in 1514 and lost only in 1934,...
RAJSK – St Peter and St Paul the Apostles Orthodox Church

RAJSK – St Peter and St Paul the Apostles Orthodox Church

RAJSK - St Peter and St Paul the Apostles Orthodox Church The number of the fallen and the injured was estimated at 1300. Another dramatic date was the 1st of April 1944. The Ukrainian Insurgent Army and Ukrainian SS soldiers murdered 162 people, refugees from nearby...
STARY KORNIN – St Michael the Archangel Orthodox Church

STARY KORNIN – St Michael the Archangel Orthodox Church

STARY KORNIN - St Michael the Archangel Orthodox Church The church was built in the years 1630-31. Its completion is documented by a stone with an inscription in Church Slavonic. In the next century, when the Mother of God appeared here, its importance grew among the...
PASYNKI – Orthodox Church of the Nativity of St John the Baptist

PASYNKI – Orthodox Church of the Nativity of St John the Baptist

PASYNKI - Orthodox Church of the Nativity of St John the Baptist The charming Orthodox church in Pasynki is an example of this style. It was built in 1891, when the village belonged to private landowners. During the census, which was carried out 30 years later, most...
PODBIELE – Prophet Elijah Orthodox Church

PODBIELE – Prophet Elijah Orthodox Church

PODBIELE - Prophet Elijah Orthodox Church The first mention of the Eastern Orthodox rite in this place dates back to the 16th century, when, according to the historical records, a tragic fire occurred and destroyed the previous church. The next church built in this...
ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

ŁYSE - Church of St. Anne This single-nave, wooden structure was designed using the Latin cross plan. The arms of the cross create chapels with a semi-hexagonal termination. The church is oriented and its facade is decorated with turrets, which are square at the base...
JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

JASŁO - Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady The first church was built in the Gothic style. It is mentioned in the chronicle by Jan Długosz and one of the 19th century researchers of monuments, Władysław Łuszczkiewicz, found on the vault the date of 1479....
KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

KRAMARZEWO - Filial Church of St. Barbara The church was built in 1739 and, before it became the gem of Kramarzewo, for over three centuries it had been hosting the faithful from Radziłów located 7 kilometers south of Kramarzewo. The structure of the building is made...
WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

WIZNA - Church of St. John the Baptist Wizna is an exceptional place on the historical map of Poland. It holds not only a beautiful church that we will describe later, but the village, and previously the town, alone, has a fascinating history. Already around 1400...
PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE - Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert The name of the village reflects the occupation of local people. Craftsmen who settled down here were connected with iron mining and processing: miners, metallurgists and smiths. The closest parish was...
LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

LACHOWICE - Church of SS. Peter and Paul The current location of the church is conducive to religious and existential contemplation. It is located on a hill above the village. It is surrounded by a cemetery and old trees, and the whole area is enclosed by a wooden...
KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

KLECZKOWO - Church of St. Lawrence The big church was to be not only a place of worship and prestige, but it was also to guarantee the population growth, so that over time Kleczkowo would receive town privileges. At the beginning of the 16th century, such privileges...
LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

LUTCZA - Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven The village of Lutcza appears in historical records already in the 14th century as Lustscha, its former name. It is mentioned by a document published in Skoki, on the 5th of October 1390, signed by King Władysław...
KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

KRZECZÓW - Church of St. Adalbert Today, the church in Krzeczów still delights with its light wooden log structure and its shingle roof. The 18th century polychromies that decorate its interior have been preserved until today. The central point of this sacred place of...
BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BEREST - Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian Its history begins in 1842, when it was built for the Greek Catholic community of the Lemkos. After 1941, the Catholic community took care of it. The church’s treasures tell the history going many centuries back. 3D...
ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

ŁOPUSZNA - Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot The church, which we strongly encourage you to visit, is probably the second structure in this place. In 1504, it was consecrated by Jan Konarski, the bishop of Cracow and it received the name of the Holy...
JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

JURGÓW - Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary One of the local legends says that it was founded by a robber Jurko, who became its mayor. The name of the settlement was to have originated, of course, from his name and together with him twelve members...
SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

SZEBNIE - Church of St. Martin The charming church that we are presenting here was erected in 1605, however, this is not the first church in this parish. The history of evangelisation started in this place three centuries earlier. The first Christian church in Szebnie...
GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

GOGOŁÓW - Church of St. Catherine The wooden structure was erected on the foundation made of stone, lined with shingles and reinforced with vertical beams (lisice). In accordance with the tradition of oriented churches, the presbytery points south. The quadrilateral...
BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

BARCICE - Church of St. Stanislaus After World War II, the parish was transferred to nearby Somianka and the wooden church in Barcice became the filial church. Regardless of its administrative function, it is a beautiful monument that the conservators are looking...
MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MAŁA - Church of St. Michael the Archangel In 1909 a bell gable was added to the Church of St. Michael in Mała. In Polish, the name of this type of bell towers is connected with the word screen as its shape invokes a kind of screen or veil. In fact, a bell gable is a...
SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

SIENIAWA - Church of St. Anthony The church of St. Anthony in Sieniawa is made of fir wood and it has a log structure. The ridge turret on the hip roof holds a bell from 1947. The previous one was stolen during World War II. 3D WalkHistory " CHURCH IN SIENIAWA...
CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CMOLAS - Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus This small, charming and in its own way captivating church is located on a hill, surrounded by a lot of greenery, thus not only its interior but also a walk in the neighbourhood are conducive to religious...
ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

ROPICA GÓRNA - Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel Even though the church is located by the roadside, it is easy to miss it as a ring of thick trees surround it. Therefore, it is worth to be vigilant when visiting Ropica Górna as the church is an important...
TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

TRZCINICA - Church of St. Dorothy The Church of St. Dorothy was built in 1551. Its wooden structure still captivates visitors. For this reason, the site became one of the attractions of the Wooden Architecture Route in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship. The church was...
GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

GŁADYSZÓW - Orthodox Church of the Ascension It is a must on the Route of Wooden Architecture. The structure of the building differs from other Orthodox churches. It was designed on the Greek-cross plan, a very popular solution on the territory of today’s Ukraine. 3D...
BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BANICA - Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian Until 1947 and the Operation Vistula, Banica was a village of the Lemkos. After World War II, some of them moved to Ukraine and others were displaced. Right now, the local population is mainly composed of descendants...
MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA - Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian The current wooden church witnessed bloody clashes between Austrian and Russian troops in 1915. Unfortunately, the building was also severely damaged as a result of the battle. Thanks to the involvement of the...
PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

PĘTNA - Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans This church was erected to replace an old, wooden Orthodox church which was, unfortunately, pulled down in 1935. The predecessor of the brick church was built in 1700 and the only thing left of it is the bell...
BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

BONARÓWKA - Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady The presbytery of the Orthodox church in Bonarówka was decorated by a Ukrainian artist – Paweł Zaporowski. Today, the Orthodox church is a branch church of the Roman Catholic parish in Żyznów. A charming,...
ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ORAWKA - Church of St. John the Baptist This church dates back to the 17th century. In 1728 a presbytery was added. In the same century, the work on magnificent polychromy started. It depicts not only scenes from the life of John the Baptist, images of the Decalogue,...
ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY - Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist The village was founded in 1367 by the Grand Master of the Teutonic Order Winrich von Kniprode. The Gothic-style brick and a stone parish church was built under the patronage of the Truchsses von Wetzhaussen...
PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

PARYS - Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help The church building in Parys, currently dedicated to Our Lady of Perpetual Help, was built in several stages. In the years 1370-1380 only the eastern part of the church was built. The western was founded...
KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KRASKOWO - Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine The Gothic church in Kraskowo was built at the beginning of the 15th century. 3D WalkHistory " Church IN KRASKOWO The Gothic church in Kraskowo was built at the beginning of the 15th century. The main altar is...
KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

KONARY - The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity According to the preserved old parish chronicle from the18th century, the beginning of the Konary parish dates back to the 14th century. In 1380, there was already a church in Ostrów (Ostrówek) dedicated to the...
CZERNIKI – Church of  St. John the Evangelist

CZERNIKI – Church of St. John the Evangelist

CZERNIKI - Church of St. John the Evangelist The German name of the village stands for a black stone, which is associated with the legend about the Devil flying from Africa with a big stone to demolish the local church.  However, he did not arrive before the mass, so...
KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

KAROLEWO - The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka At the beginning of the 20th century, a parish for the Evangelicals was established in Karolewo. It happened due to the separation of one part of the existing parish from the town of Czerniki. 3D WalkHistory " Church...
FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael Florynka was established very early, it is already mentioned in 1391 in the act of Muszyna’s donation with the adjacent areas made by Polish king Władysław Jagiełło to the Cracow bishopric. In the first...
WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

WARSAW, WESOŁA - Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish The town has been established in the 14th century, and it’s one of the oldest settlements in the area of Warsaw. In the 19th century Tsarist authorities located there people during the war. The first wooden church bunt...
CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

CHOTELEK - Kościół pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa In 1527 when the old church was destroyed, the canon of Sacz Stanisław Słupski founded a new temple. Consecrated in 1541, the temple was built on a rectangular plan measuring 12×7 meters, without a separate sacristy...
ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

ULUCZ - Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord The wooden Orthodox church of Ascension of the Lord in Ulucz has an interesting, but not entirely discovered history. It is considered to be one of the oldest original wooden temples of the Eastern Church. 3D...
SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

SROMOWCE NIŻNE - Church of St. Catherine The first mention of the church in Sromowce Niżne refers to the year 1350. The original temple has not survived, but some Gothic works of art have. 3D WalkHistory " Church IN SROMOWCE NIŻNE The first mention of the church...
CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

CHOTEL CZERWONY - Church of St. Bartholomew The Gothic Roman Catholic church of St. Bartholomew in Chotel Czerwony is from the 15th century and was built thanks to the efforts of the famous Polish chronicler – Jan Długosz. The town itself and the parish there...
PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

PTASZKOWA - All Saints' Church All Saints’ Church in Ptaszkowa was established in 1555. It is a wooden building with a post-frame tower. The church consists of a presbytery closed on three sides with a sacristy from the north, two side chapels, a nave and a...
GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

GORYSŁAWICE - Church of St. Lawrence The first mention of the wooden church comes from 1326. In 1535, the construction of the current stone church was completed, financed by the local priest of that time Józef Dałowicz. 3D WalkHistory " Church IN GORYSŁAWICE The...
TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

TYMOWA - Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop The first mention of the village of Tymowa appears in Jan Długosz’s Cronicles in 1215. The first church was probably consecrated here first in 1277, but it burned down during the Swedish invasion in the 17th century. Spacer...
Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

DOBROWODA – St. Mary Magdalene Church The Mary Magdalene’s Church was founded by the bishop of Kraków Florian from Mokrsko in 1354. Its current shape comes from the years 1524 – 1525 when it was rebuilt in the late Gothic style. Spacer 3DHistoria " Church...
NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church The historic cemetery St Helen’s church in Nowy Sącz was built in the second half the 17th century. It was founded by Helena Marchocka, Superior of the Poor Clares Convent in Stary Sącz. A wooden temple erected exactly in 1686 in the...
ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

ŁUKOWICA - Church of St. Andrew the Apostle The first written mention of the parish in Łukowica comes from 1325. The foundation of Hieronim Sędzimir contributed to the extension of the wooden, historic church of St. Andrew the Apostle on the site of an earlier Gothic...
Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord The church in Białogon was created as a result of the efforts of the local community. In 1916 on the initiative of the owner of the Bialogon Metalworks, Ing. Leon Skibiński, a committee was established for...
LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

LIPNICA MUROWANA - Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO) Wooden gothic church St. Leonard in Lipnica Murowana is one of the most valuable monuments of sacred architecture in Poland. 3D WALKHISTORY " CHURCH IN LIPNICY MUROWANEJ Drewniany gotycki kościół pw. Św. Leonarda w...
KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

KWIATOŃ - Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva Former Greek Catholic church of St. Paraskieva in Kwiatoń – currently functioning as a Roman Catholic auxiliary church of the parish in Uście Gorlickie – is a classic example of the Lemko church architecture. 3D...
Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Rożnowice - the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle The village, originally called Rozembark, in 1291 as the result of exchange became the property of the Bishop of Cracow. The parish was founded probably in the second half of the 14th century. 3D WALKHISTORY "...
Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

BRUNARY - Orthodox church of st. Archangel Michael The former Greek Catholic church of st. Archangel Michael in Brunary. The first Orthodox church in this place was built after 1616, when a Uniate parish was established in the village. The new temple was founded in...
PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

PRZYDONICA - the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary The parish in Przydonica was founded around 1358 thanks to the support of the Gerałt and Gryfit families. At the end of the 16th century the priests from Podole took over the administration of the parish. In 1925 the...
IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

IWKOWA - Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary A wooden cemetery church of Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Iwkowa is one of the oldest churches in southern Poland. The exact date of its construction is unknown, but it is estimated to be built in the second...
Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

RAJBROT - Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary The name of the village derives probably from its first settlers, Tartar prisoners, who were settled here after one of their expeditions to the lands of Malopolska (1259/60). 3D WALKHISTORY " CHURCH IN...
Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

WIERCHOMLA WIELKA - Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael The church in Wierchomla Wielka is a former Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael. It was built by the Lemkos in 1821 and rebuilt in 1906. 3D WALKHISTORY " ORTHODOX CHURCH IN WIERCHOMLA WIELKA...
ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist The twelfth-century church of St. John the Baptist in Zagość is located in the center of the village, in the middle of a rectangle-resembling square, surrounded by a stone wall. It is a valuable example of the Romanesque...
Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

SŁAWĘCIN – the Church of St. Catherine The parish in Sławęcin was founded in 1326. The location of the village of Sławęcin under German law takes place during the reign of Polish king Casimir III the Great. 3D WALKHISTORY " CHURCH IN SŁAWĘCIN The parish in...
Accessibility
Facebook
YouTube