GORYSŁAWICE - Church of St. Lawrence

The first mention of the wooden church comes from 1326. In 1535, the construction of the current stone church was completed, financed by the local priest of that time Józef Dałowicz.
3D WalkHistory
Church

IN GORYSŁAWICE

The first mention of the wooden church comes from 1326. In 1535, the construction of the current stone church was completed, financed by the local priest of that time Józef Dałowicz. In 1676 a Baroque chapel was added to the nave, founded by Wojciech and Anna Żelazowski. During World War I, the temple was damaged, and then restored in the post-war years.

The architecture of the church is on the border between late Gothic and Renaissance styles. The church is oriented (i.e., its chancel is directed to the east), built of white stone from Pińczów. The nave resembles a square and the chancel is slightly narrower. In the chancel there is a cross-ribbed vaulting with stone keystones decorated with coats of arms: Abdank, Odrowąż and Janina. The main nave was also originally covered with a similar vault, now there is a flat ceiling. The church roof is covered with sheet metal, originally it used to be with shingles.

There are fragments of late Gothic polychrome from the beginning of the 16th century depicting St. Christopher. The rood screen consists of late Gothic figures (from the beginning of the 16th century) – the Mother of God and Saint John the Evangelist. The figure of Christ is from the beginning of the 17th century. In the Baroque main altar from the beginning of the 17th century there is a picture with the images of saints Stephen and Lawrence. The northern side altar presents the Crucifixion of Christ (from the second half of the 17th century). The southern side altar depicts Our Lady Immaculately Conceived (from the second half of the 17th century) with a late-Gothic figure of the Virgin Mary with the Child.

The church is located in Małopolska province on the renewed route of St. Jacob’s tour from Sandomierz to Tyniec, which refers to the former medieval road to Santiago de Compostela but is associated with pilgrimage to the grave of St. Jacob.

Sources:

kielce.wyborcza.pl/kielce/7,47262,23092097,byly-przedmiesciem-wislicy-teraz-niewiele-mniejsze-od-tego.html?disableRedirects=true

GORYSŁAWICE - Church of St. Lawrence

COFUNDED BY THE MINISTER OF CULTURE AND NATIONAL HERITAGE
ORIGINATING FROM CULTURE PROMOTION FUND

Check other objects

ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

ŁYSE – Church of St. Anne

JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

KRAMARZEWO – Filial Church of St. Barbara

WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

PORĘBY DYMARSKIE – Church of SS. Stanislaus and St. Adalbert

LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

LACHOWICE – Church of SS. Peter and Paul

KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

LUTCZA – Church of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven

KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

KRZECZÓW – Church of St. Adalbert

BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BEREST – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

ŁOPUSZNA – Church of the Holy Trinity and St. Anthony the Abbot

JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

JURGÓW – Church of St. Sebastian and of Our Lady of the Rosary

SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

SZEBNIE – Church of St. Martin

GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

GOGOŁÓW – Church of St. Catherine

BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

BARCICE – Church of St. Stanislaus

MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

SIENIAWA – Church of St. Anthony

CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CMOLAS – Hospital Church of the Transfiguration of Jesus

CIBORY-KOŁACZKI – Filial Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

CIBORY-KOŁACZKI – Filial Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

ROPICA GÓRNA – Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel

TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

TRZCINICA – Church of St. Dorothy

GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

GŁADYSZÓW – Orthodox Church of the Ascension

BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

BANICA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

MĘCINA WIELKA – Orthodox Church of SS. Cosmas and Damian

PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

BONARÓWKA – Orthodox Church of the Protection of Our Lady

CIECHOCINEK – Collegiate Church of SS. Peter and Paul the Apostles

CIECHOCINEK – Collegiate Church of SS. Peter and Paul the Apostles

ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ORAWKA – Church of St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KORSZE – The Roman-Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

KORSZE – The Roman-Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross

KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

CZERNIKI – Church of  St. John the Evangelist

CZERNIKI – Church of St. John the Evangelist

KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

WARSAW – Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish

CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

CHOTELEK – Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop

ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

ULUCZ – Orthodox Church of Ascension of the Lord

SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

SROMOWCE NIŻNE – Church of St. Catherine

CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

PTASZKOWA – All Saints’ Church

GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

TYMOWA – Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop

Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

NOWY SĄCZ – St. Helen’s Church

ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

ŁUKOWICA – Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

Kielce – Catholic church of the Transfiguration of the Lord

LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

LIPNICA MUROWANA – Church. St. Leonard (UNESCO)

KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

KWIATOŃ – Orthodox church of St. Paraskieva

Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Rożnowice – the Church of St. Andrew the Apostle

Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

Brunary – Orthodox church of St. Of Archangel Michael

Imielno – Church of St. Nicholas and the Most Blessed Virgin Mary

Imielno – Church of St. Nicholas and the Most Blessed Virgin Mary

PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

PRZYDONICA – the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

IWKOWA – Church of Visitation of the Virgin Mary

Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

Church of the Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rajbrot

Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

Wierchomla Wielka – Orthodox church. St. Of Archangel Michael

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

Sławęcin – the Church of St. Catherine

Grywałd – Church of St. Martin the Bishop

Grywałd – Church of St. Martin the Bishop

Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie

Church of St. Archangel Michael in Dębno Podhalańskie

DUBNE Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

DUBNE Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

Powroźnik – Orthodox church St. James the Younger Apostle (UNESCO)

Powroźnik – Orthodox church St. James the Younger Apostle (UNESCO)

Gosprzydowa – the Church of St. Ursula and her companions

Gosprzydowa – the Church of St. Ursula and her companions

Odporyszów – Shrine of Our Lady of Victory

Odporyszów – Shrine of Our Lady of Victory

TROPIE – Sanctuary of the Hermits St. Świerad and St. Benedict

TROPIE – Sanctuary of the Hermits St. Świerad and St. Benedict

SĘKOWA – St. Philip and St. Jacob’s Church

SĘKOWA – St. Philip and St. Jacob’s Church

WIŚLICA – Bazylika kolegiacka pw. Narodzenia Najświętszej Marii Panny

WIŚLICA – Bazylika kolegiacka pw. Narodzenia Najświętszej Marii Panny

MNICHÓW-The Church of St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr

MNICHÓW-The Church of St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr

PROBOŁOWICE St. James’s church

PROBOŁOWICE St. James’s church

Accessibility
Facebook3k
YouTube220