JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

JASŁO – Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady

JASŁO - Collegiate Church of the Assumption of Our Lady The first church was built in the Gothic style. It is mentioned in the chronicle by Jan Długosz and one of the 19th century researchers of monuments, Władysław Łuszczkiewicz, found on the vault the date of 1479....
WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

WIZNA – Church of St. John the Baptist

WIZNA - Church of St. John the Baptist Wizna is an exceptional place on the historical map of Poland. It holds not only a beautiful church that we will describe later, but the village, and previously the town, alone, has a fascinating history. Already around 1400...
KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

KLECZKOWO – Church of St. Lawrence

KLECZKOWO - Church of St. Lawrence The big church was to be not only a place of worship and prestige, but it was also to guarantee the population growth, so that over time Kleczkowo would receive town privileges. At the beginning of the 16th century, such privileges...
MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MAŁA – Church of St. Michael the Archangel

MAŁA - Church of St. Michael the Archangel In 1909 a bell gable was added to the Church of St. Michael in Mała. In Polish, the name of this type of bell towers is connected with the word screen as its shape invokes a kind of screen or veil. In fact, a bell gable is a...
PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

PĘTNA – Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans

PĘTNA - Orthodox Church of Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans This church was erected to replace an old, wooden Orthodox church which was, unfortunately, pulled down in 1935. The predecessor of the brick church was built in 1700 and the only thing left of it is the bell...
ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY – Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist

ŁANKIEJMY - Roman Catholic church St. John the Baptist The village was founded in 1367 by the Grand Master of the Teutonic Order Winrich von Kniprode. The Gothic-style brick and a stone parish church was built under the patronage of the Truchsses von Wetzhaussen...
PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

PARYS – Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

PARYS - Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help The church building in Parys, currently dedicated to Our Lady of Perpetual Help, was built in several stages. In the years 1370-1380 only the eastern part of the church was built. The western was founded...
KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KRASKOWO – Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine

KRASKOWO - Church of Częstochowa Mother Of Divine The Gothic church in Kraskowo was built at the beginning of the 15th century. 3D WalkHistory " Church IN KRASKOWO The Gothic church in Kraskowo was built at the beginning of the 15th century. The main altar is...
KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

KONARY – The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity

KONARY - The Roman-Catholic Church of Holy Trinity According to the preserved old parish chronicle from the18th century, the beginning of the Konary parish dates back to the 14th century. In 1380, there was already a church in Ostrów (Ostrówek) dedicated to the...
CZERNIKI – Church of  St. John the Evangelist

CZERNIKI – Church of St. John the Evangelist

CZERNIKI - Church of St. John the Evangelist The German name of the village stands for a black stone, which is associated with the legend about the Devil flying from Africa with a big stone to demolish the local church.  However, he did not arrive before the mass, so...
KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

KAROLEWO – The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka

KAROLEWO - The Parish of St. Stanisław Kostka At the beginning of the 20th century, a parish for the Evangelicals was established in Karolewo. It happened due to the separation of one part of the existing parish from the town of Czerniki. 3D WalkHistory " Church...
FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

FLORYNKA – Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael Florynka was established very early, it is already mentioned in 1391 in the act of Muszyna’s donation with the adjacent areas made by Polish king Władysław Jagiełło to the Cracow bishopric. In the first...
CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

CHOTEL CZERWONY – Church of St. Bartholomew

CHOTEL CZERWONY - Church of St. Bartholomew The Gothic Roman Catholic church of St. Bartholomew in Chotel Czerwony is from the 15th century and was built thanks to the efforts of the famous Polish chronicler – Jan Długosz. The town itself and the parish there...
GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

GORYSŁAWICE – Church of St. Lawrence

GORYSŁAWICE - Church of St. Lawrence The first mention of the wooden church comes from 1326. In 1535, the construction of the current stone church was completed, financed by the local priest of that time Józef Dałowicz. 3D WalkHistory " Church IN GORYSŁAWICE The...
Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church

DOBROWODA – St. Mary Magdalene Church The Mary Magdalene’s Church was founded by the bishop of Kraków Florian from Mokrsko in 1354. Its current shape comes from the years 1524 – 1525 when it was rebuilt in the late Gothic style. Spacer 3DHistoria " Church...
ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist

ZAGOŚĆ – Church of St. John the Baptist The twelfth-century church of St. John the Baptist in Zagość is located in the center of the village, in the middle of a rectangle-resembling square, surrounded by a stone wall. It is a valuable example of the Romanesque...
DUBNE Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

DUBNE Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael

DUBNE - Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael The Greek Catholic church of St. Archangel Michael in Dubno was founded in 1863 on the site of the temple from 1673 destroyed by fire. The name of the village of Dubne, as well as the Dubne peak (904 m a.s.l.)...
Odporyszów – Shrine of Our Lady of Victory

Odporyszów – Shrine of Our Lady of Victory

ODPORYSZÓW - Shrine of Our Lady of Victory The first written reference to the parish in Odporyszów, found in Jan Długosz’s “Liber beneficiorum”, comes from the post-1470 period and refers to the St. Margaret’s church that stood there until the early eighteenth century...
TROPIE – Sanctuary of the Hermits St. Świerad and St. Benedict

TROPIE – Sanctuary of the Hermits St. Świerad and St. Benedict

TROPIE - Sanctuary of the Hermits St. Świerad and St. Benedict The Sanctuary of St. Świerad and Benedict in Tropie is one of the oldest churches in the Southern part of Poland. It is located in a very picturesque area – on a steep rock on the banks of the...
Accessibility
Facebook3k
YouTube220