At the beginning of the 20th century, a parish for the Evangelicals was established in Karolewo. It happened due to the separation of one part of the existing parish from the town of Czerniki. In 1949, the church was entrusted to the Catholics. The faithful wished to have their own officially established Catholic Church parish. However, the communistic officials did not want to agree inhibiting all the attempts to establish it. As the conflict between the regime and the people was arising in the 70s, the faithful got more and more dedicated to the idea of their own parish. One day the priest from the church of St. Stanisław Kostka hung a plate with an inscription: The Pastoral Parish of the Church of St. Stanisław Kostka in Karolewo. The communists gave eventually up especially as the situation in Karolewo was talked about on Radio Free Europe. In 1980, on June the 19th, the Bishop of Warmia region Józef Glemp, established the current parish of St. Stanisław Kostka. However, the official date of the parish’ establishment is 25.05.1981, because only then the communist government approved it.
The temple was built in the neo-Gothic style in 1899 and designed by Bergmann from Rastenburg (Kętrzyn). In 1949, the temple was taken over by the Catholics who dedicated it to St Stanisław Kostka.
During the World War II, the church was taken over by the Nazis and used for storage. When they left, 33 chests were found in the church with various valuable archaeological objects from Königsberg. At the end of the World War II, the Soviet troops were stationed in Karolewo. The Red Army stayed there until 1946. The chests were found again after their departure.