WARSAW, WESOŁA - Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish
IN WARSAW, WESOŁA
The wooden log church (according to some sources it is rather a post-and-plank building, rarely seen in Mazovia province), has been vertically boarded at the bottom and horizontally at the top. It’s not oriented and there is one nave. Rectangular, closed chancel is narrower than the nave, there are two sacristies, one at its each side. At the front of the nave there is a vestibule. Ceiling inside the church is covered with flat coffers depicting Old and New Testament scenes painted by Anna Grocholska. During reconstruction works after fire, which took place in 2006, they found even older polychrome under burnt paneling, that had been painted by Wincent Kilian and Zygmund Wieniawa-Markiewicz in the 1950’s. It shows Christ, angels playing on instruments, St Jude Thaddaeus and St Stanislaus. In the church, there are three baroque statues brought from Silesia, and the Stations of the Cross are believed to be from Rzeszów region.