BIEŹDZIEDZA - Church of the Holy Trinity
In 1879, yet another dramatic event occurred and the fire destroyed the church in Bieździedza for the third time. This time it happened during the renovation of the wooden ridge turret. The fire burned down the altars, paintings, archives, gallery, pulpit, tapestries and gongalons. The temperature was so high that the baptismal font made of red bronze melted.
Many of the above-mentioned objects could not be recovered or rebuilt. Fortunately, the walls were complete enough to rebuild the church with a significant help of the parishioners. During this time, masses were held in the nearby cemetery.
This seven centuries old church is delighting pilgrims from all over the world. The Gothic-style structure made of stone is one of the best known monuments in the Podkarpacie region.
The present-day interior decorations, which can be admired, date from 1880 and are maintained in the neo-Gothic style. Visitors should pay attention to the painting “the Descent from the Cross” from 1916 and the chapel of the Romer family with interesting epitaphs. Each of the plates made of stone refers to a different member of this family. Stations of the Cross from the 19th century as well as chandeliers and paintings have been preserved until today.