The first mention of the village of Tymowa appears in Jan Długosz’s Cronicles in 1215. The first church was probably consecrated here first in 1277, but it burned down during the Swedish invasion in the 17th century. The present wooden church was built and consecrated in 1764 and then enlarged in 1913 by the extension of the chancel.
It is a three-nave Baroque church with a log construction. The narrower chancel closes on three sides, the sacristy and treasury were built just next to it. There are flat ceilings over the chancel and the main nave, supported on pillars in other naves. The roofs over the nave and the chancel are gable. On the door there are old, decorative fittings in the Gothic type. The figural and ornamental polychrome dates from 1913. On the main altar from the second half of the 18th century, you can see the Baroque painting of St. Nicholas from the 18th century, a picture of the Holy Trinity on the top, and in the antependium (richly decorated covering or covering of the altar) also a Baroque of St. Nicholas saving convicts (picture painted on a wooden board). While the most of side altars come from the second half of the 18th century, one is classical from the 19th century. There you can find paintings such as: of Saint Anna, Baroque from 1769, Saint Antony, Our Lady of Sorrows and Christ of Sorrows.
Inside the church worth noticing are the Rococo pulpit with images of four Evangelists with attributes and the figure of Jesus. At the back of the pulpit there is a picture from 1766 showing St. John the Baptist. The Baroque baptismal font was built in the form of a cup with a wooden lid with the shape of a crown. Additionally a sculptural composition of Christ being baptized in Jordan was placed inside the font. A marble stoup from the 17th century, decorated with a Carmelites’ emblem is also an interesting element. It was probably moved here from the destroyed Carmelites’ church in Nowy Wiśnicz.