According to the preserved old parish chronicle from the18th century, the beginning of the Konary parish dates back to the 14th century. In 1380, there was already a church in Ostrów (Ostrówek) dedicated to the “Holy Cross” and the “Holy Trinity”. In 1381 the Archbishop of Gniezno – Jan Suchywilk (the owner of these lands), established the Ostrów parish with a wooden temple, located in Pólek. In 1648 the church was funded by the Bishop S. Wierzbowski. The temple was though often destroyed by floods of Vistula and Pilica rivers. Therefore, after another flood that almost completely destroyed it, the Gniezno Church officials decided to move the seat of the parish to the nearby town of Konary, where there was a high escarpment. The construction of a new wooden church dedicated to the Holy Trinity began in 1769. In 1806, thanks to the efforts of priest Grzegorz Chmielewski, the church was renewed. In 1941, a new church was built of larch wood. The joy of the New House of God did not last long, because in 1944 the retreating Germans burned the church building. Only two paintings from the old Church survived – the image of the “Holy Trinity” and the image of “Our Lady of Perpetual Help”.
After the war, the priest Stanisław Owczarek decided to build a new temple building following the design of the architect Czesław Duchnowski. The construction was ready in 1954. It was built of field stone provided by local residents of the parish. The church is neo-Romanesque with some Baroque elements. The construction was continued by priest Jan Podsiadły, the bells were restored and in 1957 the church walls and roof were completed. The last consecration of the church took place on the 30th Oct. 1966 on the occasion of the 1000th anniversary of the Baptism of Poland, It was carried out by Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński – the Primate of Poland. In 1975, thanks to the efforts of priest Stanisław Konarzewski, a new belfry was built, designed by eng. Konrad Kulczyński in a style harmonizing with the church. Masonry work was carried out by highlanders from Biały Dunajec.