It is a one-nave temple with a narrower and lower chancel with a a small sacristy from the north. There is a cross-ribbed vaulting over the chancel’s and a barrel vaulting over the nave, decorated with the noble coats of arms of Łodzia, Doliwa, Jastrzębiec, Dębno and Ślepowron . The chapel adjoining the nave from the northern side is devoted to the painting of Our Lady from the 16th century. On the western facade of the church there is a round tower with a conical roof. A Gothic-Renaissance portal leads to the interior of the church. You can see the coat of arms of Lodzia engraved there. The neo-Gothic porch was added at the beginning of the 20th century. Inside, near the porch, some fragments of a Gothic inscription from the 16th century have been preserved.
Themain altar’s painting depicts the Crucifixion scene. Under the pulpit there is a marble, Renaissance slab of Jan Bobola from 1605 (Sandomierz sub-chambers, uncle of St. Andrew Bobola). Jan Bobola’s bust and a Renaissance epitaph are built into the pillar separating the nave from the chapel of the Mother of God.
Next to the church there is a wooden belfry from the 18th century and a statue of St. John of Nepomuk. The church in Dobrowoda is considered to be the most valuable provincial, Gothic temples in northern Lesser Poland (Małopolska).
Dobrowoda – St. Mary Magdalene Church
ORIGINATING FROM CULTURE PROMOTION FUND